Regional Electric Utility
This client is a non-profit electric utility with a primary mission to deliver reliable and affordable supply of electricity to 1.2 million business and residential customers.
Extensive data and information have been collected by the company’s various departments about its customers, vendors, contractors, conservation technologies, equipment, products, marketing studies, programs, etc. This information was disbursed across 42 myriad data sources and outsourced supplier systems, making business analysis and reporting a challenge. Standard monthly campaign reports required two weeks of data collection and compiling efforts. Pulling the prospect list for campaigns required extensive support from the IT vendor. Significant potential existed to streamline the process.
Major requirements included:
- Develop data management strategy to streamline existing data sourcing processes
- Create a high-level conceptual design for the integrated Sales and Marketing operational and analytical information environment
- Recommend a multi-generational plan to build the integrated Sales and Marketing operational and analytical information environment
- Perform “gap analysis” to compare current state with future vision technology
- Collect, structure and define requirements for Data Mart